> When there's no emergency underway, however, the "automatic bands" are
> available to all amateur stations, not just unattended stations. Its no more
> acceptable for unattended stations to QRM ongoing QSOs in the "automatic
> bands" than it is to QRM them anywhere else within the amateur spectrum.
>
> 73,
>
> Dave, AA6YQ

Excuse me for being so dumb, Dave...  what is the purpose for allowing
"unattended" stations in a specific part of a band if they have to
listen to make sure a frequency is clear?  I don't "get it".  Also, am
I wrong in thinking  that "unattended versus "automatic" means the
same thing?

Hmm, in thinking back to the days that all this may have started,
packet days,   I remember that my TNC would not transmit a packet if
the TNC detected another station, it would wait a second or two.  is
this the difference , that unattended with busy detect is fine ?

Andy K3UK