From: Per
Date: 15/01/2010 13:32:15
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] portable HF digital in the radio Re: Haiti a
test for emcomms

Interesting subject, here is my portable setup:
http://twitpic.com/y37fm

Its an eee 901 pc, an FT-817ND and a soundcard interface. I have a much
smaller interface but I dont have a picture showing that.
With this setup I can work:
- PSKmail using jpskmail (PSK500 robust really flies) and
- fldigi, lots of modes there
- xastir for packet radio through
- soundmodem, uses the soundcard and creates a virtual kiss tnc (or ax25 ip)

Of course that kiss interface can be used for other things besides aprs (fbb
perhaps).
With the smaller interface its basically a netbook and an FT-817ND (or 897
if I have power enough).
A TNC can be nice but its also nice not to have to bring it, power supply,
cables etc..

73 de Per, sm0rwo