What methods did you use to test for the generator interference? Can you
give any specs on the generator such as a trailer-ed unit. When was last
maintenance done to the generator, and what?
 I suspect that you have a faulty plug or a bad shield somewhere in the
unit.
 I would also suspect that when the D-Rat is connected to battery or other
stable power source there is no known problems.

 I am curious though to hear more on this as we have been discussing a
D-STAR/RAT, but have wondered about the pitfalls and the ability to fix them
in the field much like legacy systems!

--
Mr.C.Robinson
73 DE KF6NFW