Actually John,  I am beginning to think that there could be merit in
"protecting" some frequencies for certain use . Maybe the PACTOR, WINMOR,
PACKET, ALE, PSKMAIL, unattended stations SHOULD get a small slice of spectrum.
 They would help in the event of emergencies , and keep the  rest of band free
of "QRM" from them.  There perhaps could be some threshold to meet in terms of
usage and in determining which method is worthy of "protecting".   I'd suggest
that they get 5kHZ of 80M, 60M (yes , 60) , 20, and 10 , no other bands.

Andy K3UK