El 06/03/2010 8:34, Andy obrien escribió:
> I was helping a ham get set-up for digital modes recently and turned
> to the issue of interfaces for digital modes.  I researched the price
> for a Rigblaster Pro and was shocked that they sell for $299.  My
> friend settled for another interface  that cost $69, new.  I was
> wondering about interfaces and wondering about whether the era of high
> priced interfaces might be coming to an end.  I'm not talking about
> the ones that have extra features like electronic CW keying, high end
> soundcards , etc etc.  I'm thinking that a device that has connectors,
> isolation circuits, pots, and a good solid enclosure, should be in the
> under $100 range.  I know you can build your own for $20 or so,   It
> is nice to see that many low price options exist nowadays.
> Andy K3UK

Mine is built using scrounged components, mostly.

1) A good quality japanese professional audio 10 k : 600 ohms
transformer. Connected as step down, it doubles as an attenuator. Loaded
with a 600 ohms resistor in the secondary.
2) Several 1:1 transformers. The last one I am using is ferrite pot core
recovered from a dead modem, loaded with 1200 ohms and 2.2 nF in series
gives insignificant square wave ringing on the edges when tested with
audio generator / oscilloscope.
3) A 4N26 optocoupler with a red LED is series and a 2.2 k resistor.
Also has a reverse bias protection shunt diode (1N4007 that was at hand)
over the LED + optocoupler diode string.

All  contained in a small plastic box, from a discarded battery charger.
I only paid for the new all metal stereo miniplugs that go to the PC
soundcard. In use for at least a couple of years already.

73,

Jose, CO2JA