Hello guys,

I'm proud to announce that ProFUSION finished the rewrite of Evas
(http://enlightenment.org), also thanks Denis for his help to finish
last bits and review. It's in upstream SVN:
http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk/evas

What is Evas and Enlightenment Foundation Libraries (EFL)?

   Evas is a state-full, optimized, object oriented, canvas. It's
very fast and easy to use and it comes with a great stack called
"Enlightenment Foundation Libraries", or EFL, with the most impressive
component being Edje[2,3,4], a powerful theme engine unlike others you
have seen.
   You can find more information about EFL stack on my slides from
ELC-E 2007 [1], but components of interest are: eet, evas, ecore
(includes ecore-evas, ecore-directfb), embryo and edje.
   Request help about developing with EFL on enlightenment-devel mail
list or #e or #edevelop at freenode (IRC).
    Easy to use script to download most interesting e libraries and
build them is at: http://omicron.homeip.net/projects/#easy_e17.sh It's
meant to compile the Enlightenment window manager, using X11, but you
can get some insight on how to build, dependencies and like.

Code still have some compile-time options (see
src/modules/engines/directfb/evas_engine.c, use CFLAGS with
-D$OPTION), that you can try if you get some visual glitches or
performance problems.

[1]
http://talks.gustavobarbieri.com.br/efl/elce2007/Fancy_and_Fast_GUIs_on_Embedded_Devices.odp
[2]