On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Denis Oliver Kropp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I'm proud to announce that ProFUSION finished the rewrite of Evas
>> (http://enlightenment.org), also thanks Denis for his help to finish
>> last bits and review. It's in upstream SVN:
>> http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk/evas
>
> One more change is required to use acceleration with 1.1.x and above.
>
> Currently, the Evas DirectFB engine creates preallocated surfaces from
> image data, but since 1.1.x the preallocated surfaces are no longer
> accelerated (not yet accelerated again). It would be quite simple to
> change the code to not use preallocated surfaces for the same job and
> it would allow acceleration for cached images.

Excellent. But is there any hardware limit for that (are those
surfaces always in gpu memory?). Let's remember Evas can keep caches
around, share images among different objects that use it (they are
singletons) and after images are loaded (just when an image object is
rendered to screen the first time) they will stay alive while object
itself is, even if it is hidden.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems