From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of ok
Sent: Mon 7/2/2007 10:01 PM
To: discuss@ppig.org
Subject: Re: PPIG discuss: Programmer education argument-starter of the week

On 3 Jul 2007, at 3:20 am, Lindsay Marshall wrote:

>> So I would be, frankly, astonished if it could be shown that
>> *everyone* is equally trainable in programming to a
>> professional standard, any more than it could be shown that
>> everyone could learn to be a professional golfer or a
>> professional artist or a professional mathematician or a
>> professional teacher.
>
> Actually I think that most people could be trained to these levels or
> pretty close to them with sufficient effort.

The neurologist made the point that some things take a LOT of practice
and if you start too late you will NEVER be much good at it.  You cannot
expect a professional baseballer to also play tennis to professional
level (although he would of course beat a rabbit like me every time).

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

"This e-mail, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless
specifically provided for under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records
Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
destroy all copies of this message.  Any views or opinions presented in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the Anderson School at UNM."