On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Do Hong Phuc <dhongp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This issue makes our migration some hundreds users from Ms Office 2k7 to
> LibO postponed.
A temporary workaround is using LibOffice Base.

I don't think a spreadsheet is designed for handling that much data,
but a database is.

Keep doing it! You have supports from communities.

> Full compatibility with Ms 2k7 formats maybe make LibO more
> popular.
It will never be full. That is the price we have to pay, as we can expect,
escaping from closed source softwares.

> Why not try to fix this issue in version 3.3 Final but let it in
> some other minor version like 3.4 , 3.5 , 3.6 ....etc..?

@Yoshida-san: It is estimated that about 30% of PCs in government section in
Vietnam is using OpenOffice.
By making LibO be able to import (firstly import, not export), we have
more chance
getting the government involved.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )