<some 4 hours later>
WELL... 3.2 does indeed seem to be broken..
I installed 3.2 over 3.1.2 on an iBook G3 running 10.4.5
so right up to date in terms of Apple software.
I then connected to the ISA server (2003) in the usual way
starting authoxy. We use wireless/airport connections rather
than ethernet.

I could ping (icmp) a known node through the path to the outside world
but I couldn't get through the proxy to the same node using ONLY port 80.
Indeed I couldn't get to anything via port 80, internally or externally.
We have some internal domains that are bypassed.

Safari came back with a message asking for user/password then locked up.
Internet Exploder at least seemed to talk to 127.0.0.1:8080
but no further.
There were no messages in the authoxy log or in /var/log/system.log
The task did appear to be running... (Terminal-> ps ax... sorry, unix background!!!)

SO, I deinstalled 3.2
(Application/startAuthoxy, Library/prefpanes/authoxy,
/library/receipts/startAuthoxy, /Library/receipts/authoxy AND the
~user/Library/preferences/net.hrsoftworks.AuthoxyPref.plist...)
and reinstalled 3.1.2 clean.

After configuring 3.1.2 in the usual way, everything worked perfectly.

Suggest therefore a roll back to 3.1.2 at this stage. It seems
to work well with 10.4.5 BUT it won't work on an Intel...

Just as a matter of interest, the iBook G3 10.4.5 was a clean installation as we had had a series of obscure kernel panics on this
iBook. Doubt that authoxy was involved but definitely a network issue!!
Seems to be a function of an unstable TCP/IP state. (Airport dropping out etc..)

For the record, our configuration is
MS Server username/password
Proxy Server...172.16.1.1 80
Authoxy port 8080
NTLM domain is CURRICULUM, host is 172.16.1.1

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Bruce.

Bruce Stephens wrote:
We will be giving it a go today... will report back.
Bruce,
Melbourne, Australia

Laurent Daudelin wrote:
I just installed the latest Authoxy, version 3.2, and it seems that it has a lot more problems than the previous version, 3.1.2. Anybody else noticed
this?

Almost every time I would bring up Dashboard with maybe a dozen of widgets,
each of which had to open an Internet connection, Authoxy would stop
creating new processes and would refuse connections. I then have to
manually stop Authoxy and restart it. Or, whenever my RSS reader would poll the 2 dozens or so of feeds I have, Authoxy 3.2 would just choke and would report "Fatal Error: Unable to create new process". Sometimes, it's "Fatal
Error: Unable to create new process. Errno: Resource temporarily
unavailable". I had those errors in the past with version 3.1.2 but not on a
regular basis as what I did experience today with version 3.2.

Anybody else? That is very annoying to the point that I wrote a little
script that open an internet connection every 10 seconds or so to check if Authoxy is responding and reports with a text-to-speech message saying that
Authoxy is not working anymore. But still, that is annoying. Is there
anything I can do to prevent those errors?

Thanks in advance! Otherwise, one of the most useful utility I have. It's a shame that Apple won't include the ability to enter your proxy user ID and
password right in the network preference pane...

-Laurent.