> Forget about that immediatly! I checked for e in the callback of a
> load() function which causes that strange behaviour...
>
> Seems to be a closure problem: The parameter of the outer function gets
> not into the scope of the inner closure, which I thought it would do:
>

> $(this).click(function(e) {
>      $(this).load(url, function() {
>
>          // where's e?
>
>      });
> });
>
> Can somebody explain that to me?
>
> I can get away with:
>
> $(this).click(function(e) {
>      var trueClick = e.clientX;
>      $(this).load(url, function() {
>
>          // trueClick is here of course...
>
>      });
> });

It looks like the event object referenced from the closure is changed or
"deleted". jQuery shouldn't be responsible for that, though it does some
cleanup (from event.handle):
if (jQuery.browser.msie) event.target = event.preventDefault =
event.stopPropagation = null;

I wonder if that cauld cause the problem you are experiencing.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de