>>> LOL well it wasnt what I expected. Is there a way to toggle this
>>> behavior
>>> in your plugin?
>> Currently not. That's what makes the tabs bookmarkable (and enables
>> history support at all) - the hash in the URL changes accordingly. If
>> you bookmark that page and come back to the page via that bookmark, the
>> correct tab is activated.
>>
>> If required I could pretty easy add an option
>>
>> bookmarkable: false
>>
>> that turns that behavior off. Just let me know!
>>
> Klaus that would be nice. A nice-to-have, not an absolutely-must-have
> feature. :)

That is now implemented. There is an option bookmarkable, default value
is false unless the history plugin is included as well. In that case it
becomes true. That seemed to make the most sense to me. If you include
the history plugin you would want to have the URL change to enable history.

It is in SVN or on http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs/

Cheers, Klaus