I started getting this error message after switching to 1.1 and then 1.1.1,
but then I tried going back to older versions of jQuery, and I'm still
getting the same error!  I never got it before I tried the upgrade, though.
And this error is not showing up on our production servers either.  I'm
totally mystified why I would be seeing it on my own local development
server but not elsewhere.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's messed up?

By the way, I only get the error in the case where the element that the
selector is looking for is not present on the page.

Thanks for anyone who has any ideas,
Jennifer