On 1/25/07, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I thought, JavaScript or jQuery might be of help. If I detect the
> old domain name, use jQuery to force a change. We mainly use FF2, IE6,

You should handle this type of redirect on the server.

He wants to help users change their browsers start page.

It can be done in javascript but users will have to initiate the change by
clicking a link:
Here's the IE way...
http://www.java-scripts.net/javascripts/Set-as-HomePage-Script.phtml
You'll have to google for firefox/other browsers if necessairy.

You can check the window.location and regex the domain to see which domain
they're on and then pop up something in say thickbox (if you want to get
snazzy) with a link to click that will change it in their browser.

-js