From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Resig
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 2:07 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] FW: Why are my graphics "jumping"?

Are you talking about when you click "For Physicians" then click
"Facilities" - and the "For Hospitals" image jumps a little bit?

If so, that's currently an issue with how jQuery does animation - they
are not synchronized in nature. For example. the one div is sliding up
and the other is sliding down, it's not guaranteed that when one is at
90px tall, the other will be exactly at 10px (if the combined height
was 100px).

Unfortunately, it requires significant overhead (in jQuery) to do
something that complex.

If you absolutely must not have the final image move, the alternative
is to position everything absolutely, then simply adjust the top of
the sections that you need to move (in addition to doing a
slideup/slidedown on the links).

I took the time to build a demo for you, since it is rather non-trivial:
http://john.jquery.com/ticket/stable-slide/

I restructured the markup to be ul/li elements (works better in this
case) and gave all child uls a set height (this is required if you
want the image positions to remain stable). In the case of this demo,
I set the height to 75 pixels - but you can adjust that.

--John