On Jan 18, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Andrei Herasimchuk wrote:

> I know there are people out there who believe interaction design can
> move to include "services" design. It's clear I don't prescribe to
> that direction, which is why I think the IxDA needs to get some
> clarity here and start to draw that line in the sand at a high level
> to provide broad guidance.

The reason this is ties into what you think is the core of IxD:
technology and software. Interaction designers didn't get involved in
services until there was technology there for us to be involved in.
When human cashiers did all the check-out at the grocery stores there
weren't any interaction designers. Add a self-checkout and voila, you
get interaction designers (hopefully).

We're foolish and short-sighted if we think that all of our work in
the future will be traditional software and websites.

Dan