On Jan 22, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Robert Hoekman, Jr. wrote:

> With all this in mind, I still don't understand why you're calling
> me on this in this particular thread.

Because I'm a mind reader. Why else would you need a definition of
one, except to draw a box around it so you can say the other is
different? :)

> I have yet to say anything about ACD being better than UCD.

So, it's not?

> I've only said we should work to define both.

Yah, so I've heard. And how's that working for you?

The problem with all these "definitions" is the old saying, "As soon
as you draw a box around me, the first thing I want to do is step out
of it."

If this list has proven anything, it's that we CAN'T define
"information", "interaction", "design", "usability", "personas",
"designers", "design process", "design thinking", "typography",
"layout", or any other term.

Hell, we can't even define "definition."

Maybe we need Justice Potter Stewart to moderate this list?

Just sayin'

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks