You're right. Sorry. The funny thing (to me, anyway) is that I've
actually done that figuring before and always got it right...sigh.
But the fundamental point remains.

Note to self: never try to "check" your math on 2 hours of sleep.

And to your point: Yes, I've often noticed that in addition to being
basically hocus pocus, the companies that employ personality tests
are nearly always looking for little cogs to fit in their little
gears and live in their little cubes and not get outside their
assigned space.

Katie
P.S. I always heard there are 10 kind of people in the world. Those
who get binary and those who don't :)

At 11:27 AM -0800 1/25/08, Jeff Howard wrote:
>Katie wrote:
>
>>  MB has 4 points of tracking and two possible values
>>  for each, for a total of 8 possible "personalities".
>
>That's 16 combinations. Not eight. It'd be a lot higher if order
>didn't matter. I guess when it boils down to it, there are really
>only three types of people in the world. Those who can do math and
>those who can't. :)
>
>A recent book called Punching In: The Unauthorized Adventures of a
>Front Line Employee by Alex Frankel covers some information on the
>types of personality tests corporations employ. As he tells it, the
>tests are disturbingly reliable in their ability to detect traces of
>independent thought and weed them out.
>
>// jeff

>Posted from the new ixda.org
>http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=25081