I'm pretty sure there are laws to protect designers facing this
problem. You have the right to employment, and you need to show prior
work to get it. Check out the AIGA web site and see what you can find.

In my opinion, as long as you aren't giving away any company secrets,
show whatever you want in your portfolio. It's likely they'll never
know anyway.

Getting those files though seems to be the bigger problem...

On Monday, July 20, 2009, Nathaniel Flick <natoba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, yes you can be sued if you display work that's not owned by you
> and claim it as your own. Most of the time we just get a free pass...

> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=43876

Hugh Griffith
User Interface Designer