Robert Derman wrote:

> OOo should include a pair of manuals in the download package, either in PDF
> or ODF formats, the presence of which would be made obvious the first time
> you opened the suite.

a)  I'd suggest both PDF and ODF formats.  The latter so that the user
c an add notes, documentation , etc that they (the individual) thinks
is necessary/useful.  The former, because it can be  read regardless
of platform, or wehther or not OOo has been installed;

b) I'd suggest a copy of all of the documentation that OOoAuthors has
produced, for that specific version of OOo. Since that documentation
lags behind OOo  releases, it might be more useful

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 15:54, Gene Young  wrote:

> In what way is the help "totally inadequate"?

a) Minor, but significant for the affected population groups:   Not
all localizations have translated the help file into the local
patoise.

b) Content is the help file is not applicable to the current version of OOo;

c) Functions in OOo are not described in the help file.

d)  Help files are not indexed by the expected word/phrase.  Ideally,
every word/phrase.concept  found in the help files, and./or
documentation for WordPerfect Office, MSO,  GnomeOffice, KOffice, Red
Office, GoogleOffice, and Symphony will be found in the help file,
with a cross reference to the OOo name;

jonathon