Your 100% certain that the the owner of the excel files is the same as the
user that apache/CF is running under?

that was my first thought...

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:17 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've got an application that's been running for years on CF6 and a year on
> CF7 is choking in a weird way on CF8.  The problem is with Excel
> spreadsheets that are copied into a directory that's 4 levels down from the
> web root are giving a "500 Internal Server Error." The same file copied one
> level up is accessible, but then crashes both IE and Firefox.  These are
> "real" Excel files that are copied through the file system, not by code.
>
> This is on a solaris/apache box.  I've verified that directory/file
> permissions are the same as they were previously when it worked. Is there
> something I should be looking for in the CF admin?
>
> --
> Andy Fox
> Systems Analyst III
> Georgia Tech OIT-EIS

Steven Ross
web application & interface developer
http://blog.stevensross.com
[mobile] 404-488-4364 [fax] (404) 592-6885
[ AIM / Yahoo! : zeriumsteven ] [googleTalk : nowhiding ]