The J2EE clustering in the CF Admin is just a tool to manage the underlying
J2EE server, which by default is JRun.  Unless you have a business reason to
run CF on something else, I usually would just stick to JRun.  An argument
could be made that you get speed improvements from other J2EE platforms, but
there is more overhead and knowledge required in managing those.  JRun
installs by default and "just works".  Both sticky session and session
replication work with JRun.

As far as best practice - I think the term "Best Practices" is often bandied
around as if there are some kinda rules of thumb out there, and there are
not.  Each situation is really different and should be evaluated as such.  I
think you are unlikely to find a meaningful list of things you should
"always do", and if you do find such a list you should almost certainly not
follow it as if it were the law.

-Cameron

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Arun Nallan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are considering the clustering options for load balancing/ failover in a
> IIS/ JRun coldfusion environment.
>
> That being said, would the J2EE clustering (or the ColdFusion Enterprise
> Manager via CF Admin) be the best option to go for, or what would be my
> other options available. We are going to need sticky sessions or session
> replication for sure. What are the industry's best practices? Your ideas and
> resources would give me some insight and be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Arun Nallan
>

> 409 363 0587

Cameron Childress