Thanks for the mention, Cam. (I gather you are replying to his original note in
the thread before seeing my reply soon after that affirmed some of your very
points.)

/charlie

From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Cameron Childress
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:27 AM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] reasonable and reliable CF Hosting solution?

Jeff-

The two names in ColdFusion hosting that I primarily see talked about the most
frequently by "folks in the know" in the CF Community are EdgeWeb and
VivioTech. Both have specialties in CF hosting and are owned/run by some pretty
old school Guru CF types. These companies don't really do shared CF hosting,
which I 100% agree with. Shared hosting is very problematic on CF so if that's
what you are looking for I am not sure that I am any help there.

You might also want to check out FusionLink, run by John Mason which is local
here in Atlanta. He is also an old school Guru CF type but I suspect you
already know him.

EdgeWeb: http://www.edgewebhosting.net/

VivioTech: https://www.viviotech.net/

FusionLink: http://www.fusionlink.com/

If you decide to go host in the Cloud (AWS/RackSpace) you might want to check
out RightScale for some interesting management tools.

RightScale: http://www.rightscale.com/

Charlie Arehart has a section in his CF411 site that lists CF hosts if you want
to look at a wider variety of hosts.

http://carehart.org/cf411/

Lastly, I'll say that when it comes to hosting CF, you do tend to get what you
pay for. Cheap is usually the opposite of good (in my personal experience).

-Cameron