Johnny,

Flex Builder is actually based on Eclipse and you can install the Eclipse
plugin version if you already have Eclipse.  Downloading and installing
either the full or plugin version should give you everything you need to get
started, including the Flex SDK.  The trial version of the IDE is either 30
or 60 days and I would highly recommend downloading git and giving it a try.

In my opinion, it's definitely worth it.

-Cameron

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:43 AM, John Waggener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Hi Cameron.  I appreciate the welcome.
>
> My name is Johnny Waggener.
>
> I was working at Emory for 6 six years, developing products for teaching
> language and working with new technologies in the classroom.  I recently
> changed jobs and am now back in the thick of coding.  Like many veterans of
> ActionScript, I am interested in utilizing Flex for rapid application
> development.
>
> I've been exploring switching to the Eclipse IDE.  Is there any quality
> documentation out there for setting up Eclipse to play with the latest Flex
> SDK?
>
> Is buying Flex Builder worth it?
>
> I appreciate any help with this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johnny
>
> On 4/22/08 11:16 AM, "Cameron Childress" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> relative newcomer to this list.  Feel free to give a little intro about
> yourself so we can know more about you.  I'd like to invite anyone else
> who's new on the list to do the same...
>

> John Waggener
> Flash Developer
> +1-404-424-9986