> Search this list and forums for previous discussions about fail2ban.
> This is exactly the tool you are thinking of and there was some
> discussion about why it would or would not work with pfSense. I agree
> it would be useful, especially if it worked in a HA setup.
>
> Ari

Hi Ari,

Sadly, that doesn't quite apply here.  My customer has an IDS that can perform
an API call when there are multiple failed-logons in a short period.  What I
want is for their Windows boxen to make their pfsense firewall block abusers by
appending abusive IPs to an alias list, reloading the filter, and killing
related connections in the state table.