Hi,

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Nathan Eisenberg
<nat...@atlasnetworks.us> wrote:
> I have a customer who wants to be able to automate IP blackholing on their
> PFSense firewall from their custom IDS.  In essence, the application wants to
> go something like
>
> 'I'm being abused by this IP 198.51.100.20'
> 'POST HTTPS://GATEWAY/pfapi.php?alias=blocklist&ip=198.51.100.20&comment='
> 'POST HTTPS://GATEWAY/pfapi.php?action=apply'
>
> There was a post about this some time ago, and the answer at the time was
> 'there's no such functionality'.  Is there anything new on this front?
>
> Nathan Eisenberg

I don't have a pfSense box right now, but you can do something like:

ssh r...@192.51.100.20 /my/script.php blocklist 198.51.100.20 comment
ssh r...@192.51.100.20 rm -f /tmp/config.cache ; /etc/rc.reload_something2x

Where /my/script.php is a script that modifies /conf/config.xml.
Hacking that script would only take a minute.  You can modify
/tmp/rules.debug too, but the rules would be removed on next reload.
:)

Anyway, you can try this sed trick if you don't want to use PHP:

sed 's/<rules>$/<rules><entry1>insert here<\/entry>/g'
/conf/config.xml > /conf/config.xml.new

(pls refer to the config.xml for the correct XML... :)

Regards,

[ simon.cpu ]