Hi all!

(To [EMAIL PROTECTED] - sorry that this message is in English, but this is
the Linux-IL policy).

I've been thinking that may be we need a publicising team or publicising
person for publicising events online and offline.

Such events include:

1. Haifux - Haifa Linux Club.

2. Telux - Tel Aviv Linux Club.

3. Perl-IL.

4. PHP-IL.

5. Firefox-IL/Mozilla-IL.

6. Software Management/Agile/PG/Joelsters.

7. OSDClubs - Open Source Developers club.

8. More past and present clubs.

9. TAU-Sec.

Instead of each publicising its event separately on the various forums, we
should concentrate efforts and have it announced on many places.

For example, about 20 people came to Firefox-IL, but it's possible many more
could have come if there was more publicisty. I also may have not publicised
the recent Software Management to which about 8 came and left.

Right now we need to publicise in: Whatsup, Linmagazine, Linux-IL,
Perl-IL/PHP-IL/Python-IL/Ruby-IL, Hackers-IL, Haifux/Telux/Jerusalemux/etc.
various news sites and blogs (use.perl.org, Ynet, NRG, etc.), Facebook,
Twitter (?), web forums (including the Nana/Tapuz/Walla/etc. with the
god-awful interface), Digg/Reddit/StumbleUpon and who knows what else.[1]

So if we can get a few volunteers to be responsible for publicising every
event in the right places, we can rock this country!

What we need is:

1. People with good English and Hebrew (see
http://shlomif.livejournal.com/53966.html ), and willingness to accept
criticism and correct it.

2. People who can do the work of sending/posting stuff, optionally using
web-services and Perl/Python/etc. scripts.

3. People with enough free time (not much), willingness to help and attitude.

I'm tired of doing it all on my own. Yes, I know you're busy and have
80hours/week jobs or alternatively IDF service or K12 school studies, or
academic studies or whatever. Right now I'm out of job, but also does a lot
of voluntary work on FOSS and on organising events, and also am playing with
starting my own (commercial FOSS) startup, which will also be time and
attention-consuming.

I'm also trying to create a new generation of volunteers for organising FOSS
events in Israel. I'll probably put this message on Whatsup.org.il and
linmagazine (and maybe other places) where the younger generation seems to
prefer.

But any comments or any volunteers?

If we get [EMAIL PROTECTED] that would be nice, I think.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

[1] - I know what you're thinking - let's concentrate them all in one place
and tell people to subscribe. Well, it's doesn't work like that, and many
people appreciate reminders.