Hi all,
I was attempting to use the sortName parameter with an exteral list
but had no luck.

I found the bean property name was always being used. I had a quick
look at HtmlTableWriter.java line 458 and it indeed uses
getBeanPropertyName()
I changed the line to

String sortProperty = headerCell.getSortName();

and all seems to work fine.

It this a bug? Is this the correct solution?

Emiliano Armellin seems to have reported it also with no reply....
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15268081

Regards,
Andrew Goldfinch