On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:

> How does conda handle SSE vs SSE2 vs SSE3? I’m digging through it’s
> source code and just installed numpy with it and I can’t seem to find any
> handling of that?

I can't speak for conda, but @enthought, we solve it by using the MKL,
which selects the right implementation at runtime.

Linux distributions have system to cope with it (the hwcap capabtility of
ld), but even there few packages use it. Atlas, libc are the ones I am
aware of. And this breaks anyway when you use static linking obviously.

David