On 6 May 2016 at 19:14, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2016 at 09:40 Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> wrote:
>>

>> On May 6, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Brett Cannon <br...@python.org> wrote:
>>
>> So who is the BDFL on this decision? It seems we need someone to stop the
>> bikeshedding on the field name and what file is going to house this
>> configuration data. And do we need someone to write a PEP for this proposal
>> to have something to target?
>>

>> We need someone to write the PEP and someone to offer to be BDFL for it.
>> For this particular change the default would be Nick for BDFL but if he’s
>> busy someone else can take it over for this PEP. Though I think we need
>> someone writing an actual PEP first.
>

> OK, assuming the Nick will be pronouncing, who wants to write the PEP?

... and if Nick doesn't want to pronounce, I'm willing to offer to be
BDFL for this one. But a PEP is the first thing. (And IMO the key
point of the PEP is to be very clear on what is in scope and what
isn't - the discussions have covered a *lot* of ground and being clear
on what's excluded will be at least as important as stating what's in
scope).

Paul