On Fri, Oct 20, 2017, at 07:24 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> I have been trying to find time to do something like that within
> stevedore for a while to solve some client-side startup performance
> issues with the OpenStack client. I would be happy to help add it
> to entrypoints instead and use it from there.
>
> Thomas, please me know how I can help.

Thanks Doug! For starters, I'd be interested to hear any plans you have
for how to tackle caching, or any thoughts you have on the rough plan I
described before. If you're happy with the concepts, I'll have a go at
implementing it. I'll probably consider it experimental until there's a
hooks mechanism to trigger rebuilding the cache when packages are
installed or uninstalled.

Thomas