Edward Rudd wrote:
Look at the thread from End of November beginning of December 2007 labeled "reconnecting a plugin" that I started it elaborates further on the issue.

Here is the link to my original posting of the patch as well as further explanation of the bug in Danga::Socket

(original posting of patch)
http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/djabberd/2007-December/000466.html

I have been running this "patch" on a CentOS 4 box running Djabberd since then with out issues.

Edward,

Thanks for reminding me about this issue. I'm not actually sure who really "owns" Danga::Socket, but I'll see if I can get your patch into the hands of someone who can review and commit it and make a new CPAN release.