On 5/01/2023 5:43 am, Mario St-Gelais wrote:
Hello group, first post here.
Quick question.  Can capabilities of ModelAdmin such as list_filter or search_fields be used outside of the admin interface?

Have you looked at htmx?

https://www.simplecto.com/htmx-and-the-list_editable-in-django-admin/

htmx is very sweet. Essentially, you can replace a named <div id="whatever"></div> on an existing page by calling whatever view you care to write. Your view might have to borrow from the Django code if you really like what it does.

Digressing slightly, I discovered that you can make a link in html using the <a> entity and just replace href="/search" with hx_trigger="/hx_search", for example, so that the existing css works and it looks like an ordinary link.

Cheers

mike

I want a view that would allow non logged users to search a site through checkboxes and some search fields possibly and obviously, the way this is implemented in the admin view is rather good.

Alternatively, what approach can be used in django?

Thanks
Mario
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Django users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to django-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFmF6_vLzivA3Y-sskqmcZzsuLc27opP6xW3m3wvmV7nepu%3D-A%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAFmF6_vLzivA3Y-sskqmcZzsuLc27opP6xW3m3wvmV7nepu%3D-A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can