Satyajit

I'm speaking for myself here.

I'm not comfortable with dilution of list content with what appears to be a competing Whatsapp group.

In particular, this thread is one to which I have contributed and if you kidnap the thread you cut me out of my conversation.

In general, if you take conversations away from the list you hide them from core Django devs who are then deprived of information coming from users. Django users are exactly equal to customers of an enterprise and if an enterprise doesn't hear customer feedback it risks becoming irrelevant and possibly going out of business.

I think Whatsapp, Slack etc are all very appropriate places for private conversations. Not so much for a user mutual-support mailing list like this one.

 Thanks for understanding

Cheers

Mike