On Jul 19, 1:19 am, "Jon Atkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If anyone has any good resources which show off the power of Django
> (and by association, the benefits of PHP), then please share them with
> us.

Where I work we migrated away from PHP to Django with great success
but it depends on your environment.

For us the Django admin was a huge factor since we have teams entering
content and the default Django admin was way better than anything we
had going so far.

There are some performance articles and blog posts, for example:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Framework+Performance

We benefitted from the Django workflow with its built-in web server.

There's also the fact that Django is improving everyday which
translates into free new features or things that were hard to do are
easy now.  For example, databrowse or djangosnippets.

And we love Python and also love our jobs more because of the
switch.  :)

Those aren't really resources for you but depending on your in-house
requirements it's not hard to find resources online to help guide the
decision.  When I had to convince my superiors of the choice, I wrote
a PDF document looking at the best choices in each language (Ruby,
PHP, Python) and Django won out for our particular needs.

-Rob