On Jul 20, 2:09 am, "Jon Atkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't mean to pry, but at your workplace have you had any difficulty
> hiring into Python/Django roles at your company (compared to PHP)? Do
> you get less applicants? A better quality of applicant?

We only have 2 developers and because of Django, that's all we need.
We hired the 2nd awhile ago and he had some Python experience and
picked up Django very quickly.  The good documentation helped a lot in
that regard.  That in itself is another point -- a home grown CMS in
PHP with no docs would have taken much longer to figure out and get up
to speed with.

The MVC model, I think, would also help.  As the new employees are
learning they can work in something less technical like templates.  As
they learn, they can then do views.  And the senior devs can do things
like model design, middleware, new features, whatever.

Python and Django wouldn't be my concern when hiring new employees
since they are easy to learn.  It's all the other stuff that comes
with web development that together is harder to find (eg: valid
(x)HTML, CSS, Javascript, database, source control, unix/linux, HTTP,
etc.)

-Rob