On Aug 21, 3:21 am, "Peter Melvyn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/20/07, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Not really Django related, so I'll do this briefly...
>
> Yes, I know. I appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks.
>
> > In this case you'll probably want to add another Location section before
> > this one to handle things to WWW-ROOT/bizweb explicitly (whatever URL is
> > meant to map to that filesystem location). Note (read the Apache docs)
> > that Location sections are processed in order from top to bottom in the
> > config file.
>
> Yes, I would. I played with Apache httpd.conf almost all afternoon to
> do achieve this, but with no success: once there is <Location "/"> or
> <LocationMatch "^/.*$"> setting handler tomod_python, all requests
> are routed to it and it seems that all precedent <Location> are
> ignored.
>
> If I changedmod_python's<Location "/*">, precedent <Location> take
> effect, but it break functionality of Django app.
>
> ###
>
> Regardless of Apache config problem, how to handle following URLs by
> Django
> application:http://www.mysite.comhttp://www.mysite.com/http://www.mysite.com/index.htmhttp://www.mysite.com/index.htmlhttp://www.mysite.com/wss/.*$
>
> Currently I route different url patterns of home page to the same view
> - there is no problem. With development server as well.
>
> But I don't know how to config Apache this way:
> if URL starts with "/wssmedia/":
>     use default_handler
> else:
>     usemod_python(Django)

Have you read the mod_python documentation on Django site? It gives an
example, which modified for your case would be:

<Location "/wssmedia">
    SetHandler None
</Location>

The important bit is the SetHandler directive. Have you done that?

Post what your Apache configuration snippet for setting up Django
looks like.

Graham