On Oct 17, 2:23 am, Manoj  Govindan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How many here follow the django axiom of 'one project, multiple apps'?
> If you do, how do you control the sources? Do you map one project to
> one source code repository or do individual apps get their own
> repositories?

I've found myself creating one project and one app per website.  If
some chunk of functionality shouts "reuse me!" I'll break it into it's
own app, but still house it under the same project until it gets
reused.  IMO, I'm optimizing for reuse later.  That way things stay as
simple as possible up front.

In SVN I'll have:

example.com/  # a top level project, probably one per customer site
  ./trunk
    ./project_name  # some name for the django project, a PITA to come
up with, I've taken to using project initials.
      ./app  # the actual django application, even more of a PITA to
come up with, I've taken to using 'app'.
    ./media # media for the project
    ./sundry  # other project files needing to be versioned
    ./sql  # SQL migration scripts
  ./branches
  ./tags

I started out by having lots of little apps, but that seemed to be a
bit painful, having 5 or 6 sets of models.py, views.py, and urls.py.
Now I just have one app, the functionality that I'm working on.  I'll
come through and refactor later if I need to.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing...