On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 09:35 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to execute a query with a order_by with some parameters that I
> read from another query..
> something like this:
>
> this is my model:
>
> class Widget(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(maxlength=50,core=True)
>     order = models.CharField(maxlength=50,blank=True,null=True)
>
> and this is my view :
>
> temp_list =
> Story.objects.filter(id_section=section_id).select_related().order_by(widget.order)
>
> i have this error:
> OperationalError at /
> no such column: stories_story.
>
> for example, if I make this:
> order = '-title'
> temp_list =
> Story.objects.filter(id_section=section_id).select_related().order_by(order)
>
> it works (but it isn't whar i need...)!!

What you don't tell us is what the value of widget.order is when you get
the error. It must be a string that can be validly passed to order_by()
and it looks like it doesn't have the right value. So have a look in
that direction -- check that widget.order has a sensible value.

Regards,
Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/