> for example the field 'order' is set to:  -publish_date,section
>
> I know that in my view I can't do this:
>
> Story.objects.filter(id_site=Site.objects.get_current().id).select_related().order_by(order)
>
> so...how can I do?

You could use *order.split(',') instead of just order.

But now your query is getting very long, so you may want to split it
up into multiple lines:

qs = Story.objects.filter(id_site=Site.objects.get_current().id)
qs = qs.select_related().order_by(*order.split(','))

And that will work even if your order variable's value doesn't contain
any commas.

-Gul