> I'm looking for a hint as to where put signal processing code. Various
> objects in many apps in my project emit one signal, that has to be
> processed in single place and is not directly related to any particular
> app nor object. I do not want it in any app, since apps can be turned on
> and off, eventually making the signal to go unprocessed. I know the
> module that contains signal processing code has to be already imported
> to be able to run the code. What is the standard practice in such case?
> Separate app? Or...?

I would create a module called 'common' under the project and have a
signalhandlers.py there to hold your signal processing code.

This Python module doesn't need to be a Django app but if it is, you
could also keep your globally used templatetags and template files in
there (for example, in  /common/templatetags/commontags.py and /common/
templates/ respectively.)