> I was wondering why you can only call "python manage.py syncdb" to
> create your databases but after that if you change your models file
> it work create the changes and you have to do them manually using SQL?

I think there are several threads in this discussion group that have
some mention of the hows and whys (google for them), but basically:
it's too complicated, or otherwise very tricky, to alter tables
(altering or adding columns) automatically. In particular, it won't
even work with sqlite (http://www.sqlite.org/omitted.html).