> I am a newbie with Django and was trying to get it work on windows
> vista following the tutorial at
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0.96/tutorial02/
> .
>
> After "activating the admin site" as suggested in the tutorial, I got
> the following error
>

> Using the URLconf defined in mysite.urls, Django tried these URL
> patterns, in this order:
>
>   1. ^admin/
>
> The current URL, /, didn't match any of these.
>

> on calling http://127.0.0.1:8000/ .
>
> Could anybody help please.

Well, the tutorial says: "Now, open a Web browser and go to “/admin/”
on your local domain — e.g., http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/. You should
see the admin’s login screen"

So you should head over to http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/ instead of
http://127.0.0.1:8000/
. Details on the how and why follow later (part 3).