On Oct 11, 12:53 pm, mguthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Discussing all of this has made me re-think my approach and whether
> Django will be a good fit for this specific project.  It may be better
> for me to simply use a different python framework and let the client
> separation be handled via the application and not separated out by
> Apache or any other server (lighttpd, nginx, etc).

Most Python web application frameworks don't really support any
concept of internal separation for distinct applications or sites and
many also don't support multiple instances of the same framework in
one process albeit when in use for distinct applications. As such, you
more often than not don't have much choice but to rely on the hosting
mechanism to somehow handle the separation.

I don't know too much about it, but Zope and it successors in kind may
be the only ones which make an attempt to provide some sort of
separation within the one instance. For Zope this involves use of what
it calls the virtual host monster. Even then, to use it is still needs
to be matched to a hosting environment which can enable its use.

Graham