On Oct 10, 8:53 pm, mguthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Graham,
>    Thanks for the detailed response.  I have yet to get too much into
> the internals of Apache in regards to Python applications.  My
> background is in PHP which is a whole different beast with it's own
> unique way of being tweaked.  I'll have to look into the mod_wsgi
> setup you mentioned.  I've heard a lot of things regarding wsgi with
> other Python projects.
>   Discussing all of this has made me re-think my approach and whether
> Django will be a good fit for this specific project.  It may be better
> for me to simply use a different python framework and let the client
> separation be handled via the application and not separated out by
> Apache or any other server (lighttpd, nginx, etc).
>   Like I noted my background is in PHP development so understanding
> the Python way of doing things is new territory for me.  Thanks for
> the feedback.

The way I see it, any good design will end with you setting up
separate instances of your code per client. You COULD have a "client
id" field in every single model that will be distinguished between
clients, but this will be difficult. For one, you're going to need to
create a new User model (Totally doable, actually, but a hassle), and
trying to maintain all those different clients in the same tables is
just begging for mix-ups and errors.

As said above, if you use apache, I would try using the worker MPM and
mod_wsgi, and just make sure that all your code is thread safe.