2008/10/31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Django and it's taken me a while to get things setup
> correctly on Dreamhost. I've done the tutorials on my local machine
> prior to setting things up on Dreamhost but it seems like I'm missing
> instructions on how to actually use Django. Yes, I've read the "Using
> Django" section of the website but I don't even know how/where my
> pages should reside. If I request http://www.mysite.com, how do I
> route that to my "projects" directory where the "mysite" directory
> resides, a symbolic link? - which I tried but just returns a 403
> error. I'm still used to the traditional "mysite.com" directory which
> contains index.php, contact.php, etc., and I don't understand how the
> directory structure for Django works.

Try this setup:
http://www.soasi.com/2008/09/django-10-on-dreamhost-with-passenger-mod_rails/

It's the best for me.
In one directory you have static files, in another django src, in
another your project, and if you needs also third party libraries.

And it's used in production for
http://www.animalisenzacasa.org

with success and good performance.

--
Alessandro Ronchi
Skype: aronchi

SOASI Soc.Coop. - www.soasi.com
Sviluppo Software e Sistemi Open Source
Sede: Via Poggiali 2/bis, 47100 Forlì (FC)
Tel.: +39 0543 798985 - Fax: +39 0543 579928

Rispetta l'ambiente: se non ti è necessario, non stampare questa mail