I think I had the .htaccess and dispatch.fcgi  files in the wrong
place. I had them in the django generated mysite directory rather the
than the domain, but now when I go to mysite.com I get the 500
internal server error. This happened when I tried the Jeff Croft
setup: http://jeffcroft.com/blog/2006/may/11/django-dreamhost/ which
is where I heard about the Gordon Tillman fix. Thanks for the help
thus far and any related to my new problem.

Jason