thanks for trying to help.

app engine models use .put() instead of .save() and according to
guido, there is very little difference between the two.

I have pasted models.py and search.py so you can see the two. maybe
that will help.

paste url: http://dpaste.com/91258/

the django app i'm bulding here is suppose to be an "orbitz
equivalent" for my software engineering class. we chose to use django
and app engine for the free hosting and a chance to use something we
had only read about (django).