On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 19:10 -0700, Leonel Nunez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> As we know python 3 is comming in December:
>
> http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.0/
>
> Will there be many changes  for django with  python 3

Well, Django doesn't run out of the box on the Python 3 alphas, nor does
2to3.py convert it over cleanly to run on Python 3, so the answer is
"yes".

Since Django supports everything from Python 2.3 to 2.6, plus Jython,
PyPy and IronPython (in theory), we've got a few hairy corners. There's
been a few threads on django-developers about a patch that could make
Django run through 2to3.py more or less, as of a few months back. We'll
probably do something about that once Python 3 is released, but I wager
(not too much, though) it's unlikely that on day 1 of Python 3.0 being
released Django will work straight out of subversion. It's going to be a
miniscule portion of the total userbase, after all.

Regards,
Malcolm