On Dec 3, 11:01 pm, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This is an area where Django has poor error handling and we're slowly
> cutting them down. So you have to do a bit of commenting out and
> experimenting on the command line (just try a simple reverse() call each
> time to trigger it) to work out the problem.
>
> It's the first error that you should pay attention to here. Subsequent
> "successes" are misleading -- they're not raising errors, but something
> is still not working properly.

Is this helpful at all then?

This is importing `reverse` and running it twice with the same URL
named view where I'm seeing the error.  I'm doing it twice to see the
difference...

>>> from django.core.urlresolvers import reverse as r
>>> r('django-admindocs-docroot')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 254, in reverse
    *args, **kwargs)))
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 227, in reverse
    possibilities = self.reverse_dict.getlist(lookup_view)
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 161, in _get_reverse_dict
    for name in pattern.reverse_dict:
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 154, in _get_reverse_dict
    if not self._reverse_dict and hasattr(self.urlconf_module,
'urlpatterns'):
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 198, in _get_urlconf_module
    self._urlconf_module = __import__(self.urlconf_name, {}, {}, [''])
ImportError: No module named urls
>>> r('django-admindocs-docroot')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 254, in reverse
    *args, **kwargs)))
  File "/Users/rob/django/django-trunk/django/core/urlresolvers.py",
line 243, in reverse
    "arguments '%s' not found." % (lookup_view, args, kwargs))
NoReverseMatch: Reverse for 'django-admindocs-docroot' with arguments
'()' and keyword arguments '{}' not found.

I was suspecting that not having this line in my urls.py was tripping
it up so I added it:

    (r'^admin/doc/', include('django.contrib.admindocs.urls')),

A slight difference was observed...

[...]
'/admin/doc/'

I'll keep poking around a bit and see if I can dig up anything
further.

-Rob